What is intuition? What is involved in an intuitive reading? Find answers to frequently asked questions about intuition and intuitive coaching.
Defining Intuitive Consulting & Intuition Training
- How do I prepare for an intuitive coaching session (intuitive or psychic reading)?
- What can we address in intuitive sessions?
- Do I need to have a specific problem to work on?
- What makes your intuitive sessions unique?
- How can you do intuitive coaching by phone?
- How can you do hypnotherapy by phone?
- Why is it better to have a series of sessions?
- How can I keep my intuition open?
Definitions of Intuition
- Intuition defined
- Intuition Training defined
- Intuitive Coaching defined
- Clairaudience, Clairaudient, Clairaudient Readings (Intuitive or Psychic Readings) defined
- Clairsentience, Clairsentient, Clairsentient Readings (Intuitive or Psychic Readings) defined
- Clairvoyance, Clairvoyant defined
- Clairvoyant Reading (Intuitive or Psychic Readings) defined
- Health Intuition, Medical Intuition, Medical Intuitive defined
- Human Energy System defined
- Energy Medicine defined
- Energy Work defined
- Feng Shui, Energy Clearing and Balancing defined
- Human/Animal Communication (Animal Communicator or Pet Psychic) defined
Defining Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
- What is Hypnotherapy?
- How is hypnotherapy different from psychotherapy?
- How is hypnotherapy different from meditation?
- What is Transpersonal Hypnotherapy?
Defining Intuitive Coaching & Intuition Taining
Do I need to have a specific problem to work on? No. Many people simply feel overwhelmed or generally dissatisfied; experience anxiousness, nervousness, sleep difficulty or stress; or are wondering about a life purpose.
What makes your intuitive sessions unique? We utilize more than one modality. In private sessions we combine intuitive counseling (clairvoyance) with Transpersonal Hypnotherapy, life and career coaching and intuition training.
How can you do intuitive coaching by phone? By saying your name, the name of your pet or the situation you would like us to look at, we are able to locate that specific energetic frequency or vibration. We dial into that frequency as we would dial a station on the radio. Most of our business is done over the phone with people from all over the country. This works just as well as if you were sitting in front of us.
How can you do hypnotherapy by phone? You can be hypnotized as easily over the phone as you can be in person. You simply relax in a chair in your home as if you were in our office. The only difference is that you are using the phone.
Why is it better to have a series of sessions? We can address a situation, relieve symptoms and release core issues when we meet regularly over a period of time. This avoids the need for emergency sessions.
How can I keep my intuition open? In the Intuitive Skills Distance Learning Courses and in Intuition Trainings by phone or in person with Greg, you learn simple practical tools which only take a few minutes a day to utilize. By consistently practicing these skills you can stay grounded, hold your space and focus. You can also call us for weekly “brush-up” phone sessions as many people do. This is a process as well as a destination.
Definitions of Intuition
Intuition: Intuition is the act or faculty of knowing immediately, directly and holistically without rational processes and without being aware of how we know. It is also the channel or process through which we access realms of truth and knowledge.
Intuition Training: Intuition is an innate ability which we can access and develop through training. Just as we are born with muscles, so are we born with intuition. Through exercise we can develop our intuitive abilities and increase our intuitive intelligence.
Intuitive Coaching: Knowing something intuitively is different from figuring it out intellectually. We access intuition through looking inward for the truth. By focusing our awareness we can see and know the answer and then interpret it.
Clairaudience, Clairaudient, Clairaudient Readings (Intuitive or Psychic Readings): Hearing clairaudiently is described as the power to hear something which is not present to the ear but which has some objective reality. We shift our hearing to hear a different frequency. In this way we can hear old thoughts, mental conversations and pieces of higher wisdom.
Clairsentience, Clairsentient, Clairsentient Readings (Intuitive or Psychic Readings): Sensing clairsentiently is described as sensing or perceiving something which is not normally perceptible. We do this by letting our hands and bodies pick up subtle energies which gives us vital information about people, places and things.
Clairvoyance, Clairvoyant: When we utilize the act of seeing with our mind’s eye we are called one who is clairvoyant or a clairvoyant. Clairvoyance is utilized in intuitive counseling sessions. This is our primary tool.
Clairvoyant Reading (Intuitive or Psychic Readings): Seeing clairvoyantly is described as reading that which we see beyond the physical. Sessions are often referred to as clairvoyant, intuitive or psychic readings.
Health Intuition, Medical Intuition, Medical Intuitive: The term health intuition applies to the focusing of our intuition on health or medical issues. As medical intuitives we give feedback to help you become aware of the physical, emotional, mental, spiritual and environmental roles which play into the condition.
Human Energy System: According to quantum physics, the body’s biological processes generate an electromagnetic field in and around the body. This flow of currents can be seen and evaluated with an intuitive eye.
Energy Medicine: Intuition is one form of energy medicine. Energy medicine encompasses many approaches to healing the human energy system. This is encompassed in the filed of holistic or alternative medicine.
Energy Work: Intuitive (psychic) abilities are used to facilitate the movement of energy in a variety of energy systems such as in the human or animal body, buildings or other environments. Energy work can be utilized in intuitive (psychic) readings. We assist you or your animal in moving out beliefs, habits and blockages. This allows your energy system to move from dis-ease to ease, from imbalance to balance. Energy work (energy clearing and balancing) is also utilized in feng shui.
Feng Shui, Energy Clearing and Balancing: We use our intuitive (psychic) abilities to read the energy distribution in a particular area: a home, an office, a business, a building or a piece of land. We move objects as necessary. We cleanse the energy and facilitate movement to achieve balance. We then offer suggestions so you can achieve what you want in your relationships, finances, business, etc.
In energy clearing and balancing we read with our intuitive sight, our sensing hands and our alert ears. This gives us a current assessment of your situation. To explain this more fully:
- We clairvoyantly see (with our intuitive or psychic sight) the images which exist in that space. These images can come from real experiences which occurred in that space. They can also come from a conglomeration of the experiences which are expressed in symbolic form. This gives us an immediate grasp of the full situation.
- We clairsentiently read (with our intuitive senses) the energy of a space with our hands and bodies. In other words, we use our hands to read information just as you use your eyes to read the newspaper.
- We clairaudiently hear (with our intuitive ears) expressions from the energy in the room. You may have heard the expression, “If only these walls could talk.” Well, you could say we listen to those walls and desks, etc. We listen for information that a room has to give us. For example, if some people sit at their desks and continuously repeat to themselves, “I hate this job,” then those words are suspended in the energy in that room.
Human/Animal Communication (Animal Communicator or Pet Psychic): We use our intuitive (clairvoyant or psychic) abilities to communicate with animals. We send and receive thoughts and images to gain an understanding of their condition, concerns and desires. We then help pets in the same way we help humans. We can also communicate with pets who have passed. (Note: pets do not need to be physically present for sessions.)
Defining Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
“What is hypnotherapy?” Hypnotherapy utilizes hypnosis for therapy. Hypnosis is a natural state of consciousness in which we are open to suggestions. It is similar to “zoning out” while watching television or becoming absorbed in a novel. Our bodies are relaxed, our conscious “mind chatter” is quieted and our attention is free to examine and reprogram thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that no longer serve us.
“How is hypnotherapy different from psychotherapy?” Psychologists and psychiatrists can work with mental disorders and hypnotherapists work with functional individuals who want to change behaviors and improve the quality of their lives.
“How is hypnotherapy different from meditation?” There are many styles of meditation, but the primary difference is the intent. Meditation is used to develop concentration, to focus, to be centered, to relax and to empty our minds. The purpose of traditional hypnotherapy is to reprogram the subconscious mind. The purpose of Transpoersonal Hypnotherapy is to de-program the subconscious mind to allow better access to the higher mind and the wisdom of intuition.
“What is Transpersonal Hypnotherapy?” The term “transpersonal” comes from the Greek “trans,” which means beyond or through, and “persona,” which means mask. Transpersonal techniques make us aware of our spirit beyond our social conditioning, our masks.
Transpersonal Hypnotherapy is a natural extension of Transpersonal Psychology which incorporates the methods of all four waves of psychology (1. Psychoanalytic, 2. Behavioral, 3. Humanistic and 4. Transpersonal). Transpersonal Hypnotherapy is unique in that it includes hypnotherapy techniques for issues addressed in waves three and four. It ultimately focuses on the fourth wave, spiritual potential, with the goal being to help clients wake up to who they truly are.
- The first wave, Psychoanalytic theory developed by Freud and then Jung, deals with the unconscious mind and underlying issues. In hypnosis, this is called hypnoanalysis: we examine the root causes of our problems.
- The second wave, Behavioral Psychology, uses environmental modifications to alter our habits. This is similar, in more traditional hypnosis, to giving a direct suggestion to be different, reinforcing the new behavior and then expecting a change. Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), which works to change the body’s neurology, has its roots in Behavioral Psychology.
- The third wave, Humanistic Psychology, developed primarily by Abraham Maslow, acknowledges that our ultimate striving is for self-actualization: a healthy integration of body, mind and emotions. Transpersonal Hypnotherapy teaches various hypnotherapy and NLP techniques which can access personal mastery.
- The fourth wave, Transpersonal Psychology, was also developed by Abraham Maslow. It states that we strive toward self-transcendence and the realization of our spiritual potential. THI incorporates meditation with hypnotherapy to tap the resources of the unconscious mind and connect with the source of all that is.
For example, in Transpersonal Hypnotherapy you journey inward to connect with your inner wisdom and intuitively experience transformation. You address issues (such as weight) from all four of these approaches:
- Underlying issues. (Review, understand and relieve childhood wounds around weight.)
- A habit to change. (Open the refrigerator less.)
- Personal mastery. (Achieve physical, emotional and mental potential around weight issues.)
- Spiritual potential. (Expand perspectives and wisdom. See choices and spiritual benefits.)
The system of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy was co-developed by Anne Salisbury, PhD in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. The Transpersonal Hypnotherapy Institute® is the registered trademark of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy, Inc. which is licensed and approved by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools. It is owned and operated by Anne Salisbury & Greg Meyerhoff.